Sunday, 27 February 2011
We carved such a great pumpkin this year that I made it my mission to do some halloween layouts to keep a record of it. It was the last pumpkin for sale in a garden we passed in the Isle of Wight and it was MASSIVE. It looked awesome when it was finished, especially when it was lit in the dark.
I used Tim Holtz alterations die to create the sign (which hangs on chain so it moves). I used metallic rub ons to make it more metal-like. The sign has cobweb under the lettering. The bats were also from a Tim Holtz die.
I used picnik software online to change my picture and make it more scary and also add cobwebs to it which are quite subtle.
I added the tied tags at the bottom which are embellished with a glittery spider and diamond glaze to highlight the pumpkin. They are held together with string wound around two enamel brads.
The journalling is hidden inside the acetate pocket which has a time wording and theme to match with the clocks I stamped on the background.
The layout was finished with ribbon and a small skull and crossbones charm.
I am really pleased with my first halloween layout. So much so, I did another one!!