Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 27 February 2011

Valentines Card



This was the card I made for Valentines Day.  Cards for men are the hardest as so many elements are just not appropriate for them.  Butterflies and flowers are out birds and hearts need careful use if they are not going to look frilly. 

I based my card on the heart stamp and worked it back from there.  I used distress inks to colour the background onto which I then stamped the script and the frame elements. 

I used the Tim Holtz wing stamp which I cut and inked to add to the heart stamp.  I wanted to add my message to the front of the card without it taking over from the design and so I created it using miniature alphabet stamps.

I’m really pleased with the end result.  Hope you like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...