Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 19 November 2013

Fifty Shades of White ...



So this is my first Christmas card of 2013.

As a rule, I don't make Christmas cards but this fortnight the challenge at Tiot is White on White so it was almost a no brainer to head to a Christmas theme.

I have seen some really cool and stylish projects created in only white but I must confess to an element of terror at the prospect of pulling it off myself  I saw this topic was coming up some weeks ago and had visions of a sitting at my desk with absolutely no idea what to do (Help!!).  But, once I got all my white papers out and started to play about, I realised how many whites there were and I actually started to get really picky about which would qualify as white!! 

So, I opted to only the brightest white for everything and used dimension rather than textured or varying shades of white (is that possible or is there only one white?)

My ledge was created in the card and then covered in white flock embossing powder. I stamped and embossed the snowflakes in holographic powder.  Onto the ledge, I added the reindeers and trees which were all cut from mini alterations dies.

The 25 was also an alterations die cut from white glitter card which looks really creamy when sat against bright white but does give some nice contrast and matches with the snowflakes.

The white ribbon and crystals added the finishing touch to my card.

This is a more tricky subject (in my humble opinion) but well worth getting to grips with as it gets easier once you get all those lovely white things from your stash.  I love a challenge and this one didn't disappoint.

Hope to see all your great posts and come and visit your blogs for a peek.

xx

10 comments:

  1. You pulled it off beautifully! Love your take on the challenge.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is sooo beautiful, Alexa! Love the special format and how it looks like a little stage!

    Big hug,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card Alexa, love the step idea for the reindeer to stand on.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVELY card! 25 (with glitter) shades of white...
    Difficult challenge as far as I am concerned, hehe.
    xxx Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've really pulled this one off Alexa, love the idea of the platform for the reindeer.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, Alexa,


    thank you for your lovely comment on my blog. Yes, I think 50 shades of white should do for grunge-lovin' girls like us ;)

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alexa,
    The puppy on my side bar is a maltese and I have two that are part maltese, part poodle and the other part yorkie. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She looks like a sweetie! Reeva is our first dog and we are all adore her! xx

      Delete
  8. Lovely, elegant white on white - I love those shimmery snowflakes!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your white card!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...