Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 25 March 2013

Pomp & Pageantry



Good Monday Morning Everyone!

Today I am hoping to get all day to be creative which is a great prospect as I've a lot I want to get achieved.  However, when DH left for work he announced he may be back mid-afternoon to work from home (oh dear!) so that will put an end to my plans as we share a workspace currently ... say no more!! 

Anyway, I decided to get started and have a play with my alcohol inks  - I always love the vibrancy of their colours but I'm not always sure what to do with what I create on 12 x 12 scrap pages.  I do use them on metal which is great but I want to expand their uses on cardstock.  So, I hatched a new plan (in the middle of the night!) and had a play using my inks and clingfilm with some heat and Voila! 

I decided to couple my inking with my Indigoblu stamps so I can enter both the Alcohol ink challenge at Artful Times and also the Words and Phrases challenge over at Indigoblu.  

Well, got to dash and make a start on my next project whilst I have the house to myself!  Hope you are all having a good Monday too!

x

 


18 comments:

  1. Love the awesome BG and the British stamps and embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that background, Alexa! TTFN! Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card, great background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a gorgeous background and I love how you used it with those stamps and embellies. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there AI's and cling film I know but with heat ? intriguing :) great background
    Thank you for playing a long with us at Artful Times
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I blobbed the AI onto the glossy cardstock, covered it quickly with clingfilm which I then scrunched across the surface. I applied a light heat which caused the ink to shoot along the creases and the clingfilm to crinkle up more. Fun to try but need to be careful not to overheat or I'd probably end up with a charcoal drawing!!

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous background! Perfect for those London images...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. I love the fantastic inky background you created.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that when one lets her hubby know that she was planning some heavy duty house cleaning and that you are so happy he is coming home early to help????? Love that background and images fit so beautifully! Glad you found some play time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful project, love the colours and the Big Ben stamp! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous project, love the background. Thanks for joining in with the Indigo Blu Forever 21 Challenge. Good luck! Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous background Alexa, love reading about the technique and it's perfect for those stamps.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ww, that is fabulous and patriotic too. Love the background you have done, not seen it before, maybe you have come up with a totally new one.
    Great card, great background -thanks for joining us at Artful Times, Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous design, love the effects loads x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow what a great effect - looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a brilliant project....I love the background....so effective....Thank you for joining us over at the IndigoBlu Forever 21 Challenge Blog....Jo. X

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is fab, such an original look! I left you a message on Gingersnaps over your blogging problem but I'm not sure if it published. I had the same problem and Brenda recommended I set Moderation for comments over seven days old and it has worked brilliantly!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy - I did get your advice - much appreciated! I've changed my settings & sent out a blanket 'thankyou' to everyone who so kindly helped me. x

      Delete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...