Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 12 March 2013

Easter Bonnet



Can you believe Easter is almost upon us?  The start of this year seems to have gone by so fast.  However, as I sit looking out this morning, the snow is falling and the ground is white so the prospect of spring flowers and hill top walks seem a million miles away.  That's British weather for you!!!

So, looking forward to Easter, the TioT challenge this fortnight is Easter Hats and Bonnets.  As a non-cardmaker and with my kids too old to dress up in suitable outfits for a scrap page, I was mulling over how I could meet this challenge.  My stash has a lack of anything I could remotely link to this subject so I was facing a dilemma.  

But, luckily for me, I have a very artistic hairdresser and we usually chat about out arty endeavours during my regular appointments.  At the end of last week, I was telling him about my quandry and he planted the idea of a car bonnet.  That was the inspiration I needed and as soon as I got home, I set to work on coming up with how I would interpret this idea.

I covered a large tag with black cardstock and ran it through my Big Shot to emboss it with swirls and birds.  I downloaded my image online and then used glitter Gelly Roll pens and Distress Markers to create my Easter design on the bonnet. 

I added some tissue tape and some chicken wire (Dusty Attic) and wound wired natural florists raffia at one end.

The photo was mounted onto white cardstock which I added pink sparkly doodle around the edge before fixing down using two black photo corners (and glue).

I wrote the title onto masking tape, coloured the letters with the Gelly Roll pens and then plattered them with indian ink.

The bird was from a florists wholesalers.

I hope you enjoy my take on this subject and look forward to seeing all the great work everyone comes up with for each challenge.

I have also entered this tag into Challenge 51 - Easter Bonnet over at Out of a Hat Creations.  I hadn't found this blog before but it looks like a lot of fun so I'm diving in!!

Enjoy your crafting ...

xx


26 comments:

  1. original... outside the box.it made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the image very clever.
    Hugz, Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous - and so clever! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well Alexa, I have to say that yours is the most creative take on this challenge and will give everyone a view of how to do it outside the box!! I absolutely love this idea and think you are extremely talented!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous idea and so wonderfully and artfully executed! You are certainly 1 clever gal! And I love the chicken wire! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a great Easter Bonnet! This is so clever in so many ways and I just love your tag! Brilliant take! Some areas out here have had a dusting of snow as well. It is beautiful here today and I am/was working in the yard. Enjoy the evening and hopefully tomorrow the Sun will shine for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant play on the word - Love your Beetle's springtime makeover - a beetle as beautiful as a butterfly now! What a cool tag!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fantastic take on our theme. I love the Beetle in its fetching bonnet.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love this take on the theme, so out of the box and beautifully done. A great job Alexa.
    Hope you are not working tooooo hard.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your take on Easter Bonnet, brilliant interpretation. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alexa
    I am blown away by your unique interpretation of the challenge theme - fabulous!
    The photo set against the black is amazing.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Alexa this is priceless!! I looked at the picture and thought - where's the bonnet? Then the penny dropped. Just fantastic and beautifully executed. Hugs Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy - lovely to see you are now my newest follower too! xx

      Delete
  13. This is fabulous, I Love your take on the challenge - and who says hairdressers just cut hair!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine cuts hair as a sideline to his art!!! Have you seen my hair - it's all down got him ... x

      Delete
  14. Great take on the challenge and thank you for joining in with us at Out of a hat Creations this week for our Easter Bonnet Challenge

    Love Chrissie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This project made me smile! It's a great tag and that bonnet doesn't look out of place at all on a 'bug'. Thanks for joining us at Out of a hat creations. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Alexa, Just making some quick rounds before heading for San Diego, thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving so many comments.
    Now THIS tag is just one of the BEST!! Love your interpretation of the "Bonnet"!! That brings back a lot of "flower power" memories, and that is dating me for sure, but I LOVE the Tag! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that's thinking out of the box :) brought a smileand cheered up this grotty morning
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Alexa, WOW !!! great bonnet,fabulous idea.
    thanks for joining us at Out of Hat,hope to see you again soon
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Alexa this is WONDERFUL I just love your take on the theme and that bonnet is just a wow it sure made me smile. The whole make is great. Lovely to have you join us at Out of a Hat. Hugs Sandra X

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Such a great take on the challenge. And oh my goodness, a VW bug, my favorite car ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm back again and now I'm catching up... you've been very creative the last few days, wonderful pieces to see.
    I especially love this one :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...