Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 22 January 2014




I love this photo of the boys and this was them together on their Birthday giving each other a thankyou hug after they had exchanged gifts.

... which brings me to TioT's challenge for the next fortnight ... Celebrations!

So this was my interpretation of the subject and it shows just how wide the category is.  I don't know about you, but personally, I like to have a fairly free rein to do my own thing so don't feel limited!

I started my page by masking the stars which were on the paper (I used to pull-off tops from new paint pots as my masks) and them stamping the crackle and text.  I spritzed the paper to fade from blue in the top left corner to gold in the bottom right corner.  You can't really see all this detail in the image so you'll have to trust me on this one!!

I mixed some moulding paste and made gave the stars some dimension using a handcut stencil from tracing paper.  I then used the edge of a Wendy Vicchi stamp as a template for my scallopped painted corder.

The photo was blended in with acrlic paints and overstamped with text before adding some of those lovely rub-ons from Sir Tim.  The tag started life on a gardmen but a bit of paint and some rub ons converted it to match my scheme.  

This layout was fun to put together and cost next to nothing (which is always a benefit!)

Hope you all feel like celebrating with us in this challenge and look forward to seeing all your lovely creations.

xx



5 comments:

  1. Oh what a gorgeous photo of the boys Alexa and you did a grand job with the layout, I love the textural background and the stars.
    hugs {brenda} x0x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout, its a lovely photo.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great, Alexa - love the fussy cut photo (lovely picture), and gorgeous paint and textures in the background.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great details and techniques and a great moment captured - great piece! Hugs Cindy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful page, sorry to have been so tardy at posting a card. Hugs Jean

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...