Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 5 June 2013

WOYWW 209!


It's Wednesday already so time for another peep at my workspace.  If you are new to this weekly snoop, pop over to Julia's blog at Stamping Ground and you can see all the links to everyone's desk.  Then you can spend a nice evening hopping around the planet looking at what we are all up to!!  Fun!!

Have to say my workdesk has been rather boring of late - all work and no play is making this girl rather dull.   But not so dull when the pay hits my bank account - then it all seems worthwhile!!

Sadly my neighbour's wife died suddenly a couple of weeks ago and I have been trying to support him.  He is 91 and such an interesting man.  He was involved in the D-Day landings and many other wartime battles and we have had many interesting conversations about the war and loads of other topics over cups of tea and coffee and if I'm lucky, a "ginger doodle" on the side (a scrummy biscuit which he makes himself!).  It makes me sad that I never spent more time with him when his wife was alive.  She had alzheimers and so was not great company for him although he was absolutely devoted to her and they had been together for 70 years.  We have always had little chats over the fence but I could have got to know him better and enjoyed what we have now a lot sooner and helped to prevent times of loneliness for him.

Anyway, on to the desk ...

I have been completing a scrapbook page about my youngest son.  Well, despite being a triplet he is still the youngest by 1 minute!!  I was supplied with a kit (can't say too much about it as it's due for publication next month) which I had a free rein to use how I liked.  I made two pages for the magazine and let them select the one they wanted.  This one was sent back to I'm free to put it online.    I did a bit more fiddling with it, adding a bit more painty bits so later on I will put a post online showing the details.

Have a great Wednesday everyone - I've got to get back to work which is hard as the sun is shining and the beach hut is tempting me!! 

xx


16 comments:

  1. I am loving the look of the stamps on your layout! How sad for your neighbour - I hope you are managing to comfort him, it sounds as if you are. Have a good week. Helen 5

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous bee stamp there!

    What a great friend you've found in your neighbor - I'm sure he appreciates your visits.

    Enjoy your week!

    Jackie K #94

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work space looks soooo tidy! Glad you have some contact to your neighbour, he must be a great oldie! Love your scrapbook page, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my triplets! Love that being younger by one minute! This is such a great page from what I see and your desk is quite neat and clean! So you are an organized crafter! Your neighbor is so lucky to have you there for support now and that is a good thing! He may not have had much time while taking care of his wife and watching her to visit and now can enjoy a sweet neighbor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your LO!! Neighbors on both sides of me have aged and passed, that leaves ME to take thier place as the mature neighbor. Your neighbor sounds like a wonderful person, soak up all his stories!!
    Krisha #11

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely looking desk. You are so good to be looking after your neighbour that way. He really deserves to get that kind of support in his hour of need too :)

    Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Alexa
    you are doing a wonderful thing by befriending the gentlman who lost his wife, he will really appreciate the chats.
    I love your page it is really pretty the papers look amazing
    Wishing you a very happy WOYWW and hope you have a great week
    Ria #39

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do you know, Alexa, I really like your crafting style. The chain (?) heart around the photo is lovely and your blue robot card from the previous post is really fun and very stylish!
    Well done you for befriending the old gent... I know my dad has friends to support him in Wales. He will be 91 soon as well...
    Hugs, LLJ 35 xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. How nice for your gentleman to have such a good-hearted neighbour in you. I love your bee images and the chicken wire - it all looks very interesting, and the heart around the photo is gorgeous. Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are getting to know and spending time with your neighbour NOW and he knows you are there so don't feel bad about what has passed.
    Love your layout. Those bees are gorgeous. As a Bee Keeper's wife I always make a bee-line for bee images!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your busy bee layout already. Triplets - oh my, how awesome you are! And really, your neighbour appreciates your moments right now..believe me =, he has no regrets that you didn't step in any sooner to his life...you're here now and that's so much better than not at all. My Mum has Alz and believe me, it's quite hard for them to have visitors; she gets anxious because she doesn't know you or feels threatened, so maybe it's MORE than just good timing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How kind that you are getting to know/and spend time with your neighbour. Wow triplets - one at a time was hard how did you manage with three little ones. Love the layout. Thanks for visiting me. Happy WOYWW Anne x #52

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sad to hear about the neighbour and his wife passing... although you regret how little time you spend with them before, I'm sure your chats over the fence did him good anyway and they never expected more from you. But that's how we think/feel, right? Especially women... we're so good in feeling guilt about almost anything. Please put that aside... you're a good person! I love your layout (what I can see from it) and wowzah, triplets? Pfew. That must have been busy times when they were babies... happy ~ belated ~ woyww and a big hug from Holland, Marit #70

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for dropping by. 70 years together - what a wonderful testimony to their love and care for each other! Enjoy the time spent with your neighbour. Your layout is lovely - youngest by a minute - goodness me - what a day that was for you!
    Have a great week.
    Margaret #30

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that LO, Alexa! And your crafting space looks so very inspiring!
    I also loved reading about you getting to know your neigbour better - and even if it is under sad circumstances - maybe this is what they bring along (actually I believe that nothing happens without a reason. Only sometimes you understand many years later what some endured pain was for).
    I always enjoyed the talks I had with my beloved grand aunt - it's like a window to another time that is opened just for you, (and of course the views you get are tinted a little here and there, but sometimes you feel that you can reach far back and almost touch). I am sure your neighbour takes a lot of comfort out of your talks and your being there for him.

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely-looking lay-out, and sad news about your neighbour - hope he is doing ok. Thanks for visiting me on WOYWW #209 - I'm terribly late once again! Best, Deb's Pen Pot WOYWW 216, #115

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...