"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday, 27 February 2011


I got the Halloween bug and when I found this paper in my stash (Rusty Pickle), I had to use it.

Strangely however, the thing I struggled with was that the paper was so lovely, I didn’t want to cover it up so I found balancing the layout with the paper quite a challenge.

I love filmstrip and the Tim Holtz die is great.  I cut and inked the filmstrip and used the same photo in all the apertures.  The picture was one taken of a sunset by my son and I used picnik again to add the lightening and make it halloweeny.

I cut the birdcage and bats on the Big Shot and used glossy accents to glaze the bats.  I dipped plain brads in glue and then in black glitter and put them into the holes in my ‘batcage’.  I used three skull charms to make it more eerie and fixed my flapping bats inside the cage.

The halloween words were cut from another sheet of halloween paper I had by Rusty Pickle.  I used a photo of our pumpkin when lit in the dark and fixed an acetate over the photo which picked up the orange in my layout.

I wrote the title and journalling and embellished it with an orange stickle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...