Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 31 March 2011

Wish

I made this to meet the challenge for the April art swap run by Craft Stamper magazine.  The theme is Fun and Games.  It colour scheme is olive, rust and cream and up to 5" square and include a game piece.

I had lots of fun doing this project and used loads of different techniques to get the result I wanted.  The initial background was created on glossy paper with alcohol inks and I then painted half the page with Antique Linen distress crackle paint.  Once this was dry I used pastels to colour it and then sheet metal and distress embossing powder in small areas.

I stamped the windmill and used distress embossing powder on the spinner before attaching the scrabble pieces on the windmills sails.  Complete and ready to mail ...

3 comments:

  1. Great wording and use of the letter tiles. Love the effects you've achieved with the Crackle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you added the letter tiles to the windmill blades. Beautifully done. Wonderful piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The scrabble letters added to the windmill is my favorite part. I have a lot of those letters, now you've sparked my imagination as to new uses.thank u! look forward to our Ginger time together too. gerri

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...