Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 2 October 2012

Woodland Bird House


I bought this MDF birdhouse last week at The Big Stamp Show held at Alexandra Palace in London.  It is actually a money box with a slot in the roof, but as I have no use for that, I covered the slot when I made my new roof!

The roof is covered with Ten Second Studio metal which I have embossed and sanded.  I wanted to add a decorative roof edging so I used Art Parts by Studio 490 which I painted and stamped.

I altered the entire birdhouse to look like white peeling weathered wood and I stamped leaves and flowers in chalk ink using some gorgeous new stamps by Differentcolors who are based in The Netherlands.  A few Lost Coast butterflies finished the background.  The picket fence is an alterations die which I painted with dabbers in two shades.

The birds and branch are by Maya road.  I painted the branch with acrylic paint and covered the birds in old text before tinting them using distress markers.  I added a small crystal for an eye and part embossed the larger bird with some Golden Sparkle embossing powder by Cosmic Shimmer which I got at the Show.  The little nest is from The Range;  it came in a pack of 6 around Easter time and I tinted the eggs with alcohol ink.  The butterfly is a download from Divas D'Este.

The final addition was the sentiment which is a Unity Stamp by Donna Downey. 

On this side, I cut some tattered florals in grungeboard and coloured them with distress inks before overstamping them with patterns.  The stems are made from a coffee spatula (thanks to Costa Coffee!) which I tinted with Walnut Stain distress.

The bee is  Stampotique stamp by Jo Capper-Sandon.
For the other side I stamped and cut out a tree by Stampotique and sat my crows, also Stampotique, on its branches.

It was really fun making this house, which is for my new studio.  I'm entering it into 'Lots of Layers' challenge on Try it on Tuesday, into 'Birds, Butterflies & Bees' challenge with The Stamp Man and also Challenge 3 on Anything But a Card

Have a happy day ...  x
 



12 comments:

  1. Love the birdhouse with all its various layers, the stamping is gorgeous (I also bought some stamps from Differentcolors and they are brilliant).

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty, and I like how each side has it's own character :-) Debi x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi x

      Delete
  3. This is amazing - what a great addition to your garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so cool! Love the roof and all the details on each side. What a neat piece of art for your new studio.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a vibrant piece of altered art. I love the flowers and fence and your choice of bright colours. Thank you for sharing with us at the Craft Room this fortnight. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Total fun! I love it! What an amazing project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a fabulous project, I love all the details. Thank you for joining us at Craft-Room Challenge.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is wonderful! I love the weathered effect you've given it, and the metal roof is fabulous! Thanks for joining us over at the Craft-Room Challenge for our "Alter It" theme.

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a wonderful piece of art, you have certainly created lots of scrumptious detail here, a real feast for the eye. Thanks for joining us at Craft Room Challenge and good luck. Julia xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great birdhouse, very pretty, thanks for joining the Anything but a Card challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic alterations. There are so many exciting and wonderful details to look at. Thank you for sharing it with us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...