Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 4 October 2012

Listen to your Dreams


I couldn't resist this new Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous Classics stamp.  The stamps create images that are like fine newsprint and stamp beautifully.    I also love my dream stamp, which another one by SA.




I started my card with a sheet of paper from the Bohemian range by Craftwork Cards.  I then stamped flourishes and the gothic windows.  The eye and mouth were stamped onto Lost & Found paper I added a little glitter to the corner of each using Copper Kettle and Golden Sparkle embossing powder.





I stamped my Dream centrepiece on another piece of Lost & Found paper and inked it up with distress.  I re-stamped it onto chipboard and cut out the 'D' which I also embossed in black.


I stuck the papers down and whizzed it under my sewing machine to add some further interest before fixing it to my card and adding the metal embellishments.  



I am entering my card into the following challenges:

Gingerloft Challenge GL49 - Stitching Real or Faux
Simon Stays Stamp - Glimmer & Sparkle



13 comments:

  1. I love cards like this- but never seem to be able to create them! The stamps are great- I love the sewing you added too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just fantastic! Love the sparkle you added to this cool card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the techniques and effects on this fantastic card Alexa. Brilliant.
    I also love your neck of the woods, Dorset is my most favourite county and I love Swanage particularly. I am only about 1 1/4 hours from you.
    hugs {brenda} xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - nice to hear from you! x

      Delete
  5. beautiful with stunning detail

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is quite striking - so much to look at - very effective!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous piece of art! Love the design and subtle touches of glitter! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the different techniques that went into this!! The stitching, embossing, distressing - what a fantastic piece!!

    Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    For More Opportunities:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
    *Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
    *Sign up for our Newsletter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card love the design.

    Thanks for joining us at gingerloft.

    Caz

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous! beautiful design, very dreamy. xo

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...