Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 11 October 2012

Fly



I have just discovered Fran-tage by Stampendous and I LOVE IT!!  The shabby embossing enamels are beautiful and as for the mica fragments ... well don't get me started!!

I wanted to have a play with them straight away so I used some of the corrugated card from the box my order arrived in as my background.  I started by picking the cardboard apart to expose the 'ribs' before using paint dabbers over some of the background.  I wanted to create two big splodgy areas so I tried melting the shabby enamel in a melt pot.  However, I found that I lost all the colours and glitter and ended up with white.  So I poured this onto the card which allowed me to re-adhere more embossing enamel over the top.  I also tried heating it from below but as the card is quite thick, the heat doesn't really get through sufficiently to get the melt going and I was worried I would set fire to my project before I'd even got going!!  When the enamel was still wet I added the mica flakes and beads.

The birdcage is cut from Tim Holtz Kraft resist paper which I then inked and made little dangly pendants for the bottom.

I cut the birds with my cricut and stuck them onto wire and allowed to dry.

The flowers are made with crepe paper which I stamped with text and spritzed with glimmer mists.  Once dry, I cut individual petals and stuck them around the centre on a cocktail stick.  Creating them like this allowed me to make big soft and shabby blooms which I have fixed by pushing the stick through the background, gluing and trimming.

I painted the old watch face with Viva Gold metal paint and used PVA around the edge before dipping it into Cosmic Vintage Mica Flakes.  The words are a Stampotique stamp which I stamped and embossed in black before embossing the ends with Fran-tage and mica flakes.

  The card is double mounted onto Lost and Found papers. I have torn, distressed, curled and inked the first layer and I embossed the back layer with music before inking the edge with black soot and tattered rose.  I also added some gold rub-on with my finger to accentuate the embossing.

I love the soft summery shades the Fran-tage adds - hopefully it will remind me of summer now we are getting grey rainy days :(



I have entered this into the following challenges:

Crafty Mess - 19th Challenge: Anything Goes
Craft Pad - No. 191 Vintage
Stampin' for the Weekend - Challenge 18: Feeling Floral
That Craft Place - Make you own Background
Totally Gorjuss - Punch and Die
  Hope you are having some sunshine wherever you are ... x






14 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - some beautiful features,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Alexa, Beautiful Work on your tag!!! I love how the one bird looks as if it broke out of the wirers of the cage. Cool! Love the whole look of this tag.
    Hugs Vada

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, so much texture and colours. Love the crepe paper roses.
    thnaks for taking part in the Craftymess challenge.

    Ax

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexa, just love the colours and the sparkle and all that texture! Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Alexa
    This is sumptuous!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow this is just gorgeous Alexa!!! Love the flowers, beads, birds, cage - really just love the whole thing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Alexa, gorgeous shabby elements and great effects. Particularly love the crepe paper flowers.
    Happy Friday.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really beautiful and fabulous effects too. :)
    Thanks for sharing with us for our Vintage Challenge at The Crafty Pad. :)

    Debbie The Crafty Pad Designs

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, Alexa! I love the Shabby Chic feel to this hanging. Recently I purchased some of that fun stuff and guess I must give it a play, because this looks like way too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is beautiful!
    thank you for joining us at the challenge for the crafty pad this week
    hugs
    Debbi x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic creation! I love it! Sorry I'm late commenting but have been on my hols! Thanks for playing at The Crafty Pad for our Vintage Challenge! Good Luck & don't forget to check back on Thursday to see if you're a winner or in our Top 5!
    Hugs
    Dawn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous masterpiece! I love that your birds have broken out and are flying freely. Such beautiful textures and combination of elements are so remarkable. Thanks for sharing your incredible hanging!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful! I love the birds taking off and the broken cage.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...