Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 22 October 2012

Get Well Soon



I set out to make a card for a good friend of mine that's not too well at the moment but it was one of those days.  You know the ones where nothing goes to plan!   So, this is my FOURTH attempt at the background ... one layer was brayered and every time it just went wrong and had to be binned.  I am talking seriously unrecoverable!!    

Worse still, in between drying times, I was finishing another new piece which involved gluing a large piece of tissue paper which I had printed text onto. Well, I should have know better than to attempt it today as I battled with it all covered in glue and ready to fall apart at any moment!  Yep - it folded in on itself, ripped in half and generally misbehaved!  I had to reprint it THREE times and unjam the printer TWICE!!!  

But finally, I am done.  I can send the card to my friend and sit back and admire the tissue paper with a well earned cuppa.

Hope your day has gone better than mine! xx

10 comments:

  1. HI Alexa
    I never would have guessed you had trouble with this card as the background is stunning, gorgeously inky.
    Oh I know what you mean, those days when, well this is how it feel to me, as though I am an absolute beginner at all of this as nothing goes right.
    Hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a breathtaking card, love the bright colors and all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The background is stunning, love the stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your work is amazing. I take comfort in knowing things always aren't perfect on your work desk either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not help but chuckle at your mishaps, which I might add, we all have had! Well I don't know about the ones that made it to the bin (I keep mine for butterflies, etc.), but this background is luscious! Love all the inky layers and so will your friend! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alexa, what a pleasure visiting your blog this morning. How brilliantly colorful are your creations. I especially like the birdhouse with all the sides decorated with flowers and other textures and shapes. The eggs look cute. Each of your projects contains so many interesting items! Thanks, too, for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Alexa, love the beautiful butterflies and the glitter looks fabulous! I love the background the best though. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a sweet comment too!.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! Looks like all of the trials were well worth it- this is wonderful! I love the play on colors and the image and butterflies- so pretty!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog- and so glad I found my way over here for this delightful eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so frustrating when you have a day like that! Your finished piece is so gorgeous with all those layers of color and stamping. Your friend will be delighted, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! I love the colors you've used too, looks as if you had a lot of fun making it!
    You were trying to glue down some tissue paper. Don't glue the tissue paper, but the background, and then it's easy peasy.. use glue like modge podge, a decoupage glue... but you will know that part. Hope you can use this tip..

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...