"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday, 15 May 2012


I am really pleased with this layout as it just came together quite unexpectedly.  

I covered a plain page with gesso and then created a pattern in it using a pointed skewer and stamped my regal goldfish into it.  When this was dry and painted in my goldfish with acrylic paint and painted the background using colourwash sprays and byzantia paints.  The textured areas were done using fresco flakes over the wet paint.

As the goldfish were still rather vague, I added a little more acrylic paint with a fine brush to bring out the details and a charcoal pencil for shading.  Their crowns are outlined with a gold stickle.

The background for the photograph used Viva Ferro in Graphite and Gold Green which I applied to the cardstock with a spatula through sequin waste.  When this was dry, I highlighted the texture with silver Inka Gold.


The tiles were originally patterned but I painted them with Gesso before stamping the chinese letters in staz-on ink.


The title letters were painted with black acrylic, hightlighted with glossy accents to which I added Beadazzle beads.

A rub on in the corner (which I would not recommend again over metallic acrylic paints - it nearly broke my wrist getting it to transfer!!) and some journalling and the page was complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...