Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 28 November 2011

The Girls


This week is a colour week at Gingersnap Creations and the challenge is GC128 Yellow, Red and Brown.  As we are also featuring livestock and farming this month, I knew this photo was perfect for the challenge.  These are 3 of the hens at the cottage we stay at in the Isle of Wight and they are just gorgeous!

I created my background with stencils, stamps, sprays and paints and I embossed little golden chicken feet criss-crossing the page which made me smile!

 




I used guilding flakes on the pencil tops for some glittery sheen and a jewelled swirl by prima for a bit more dazzle!!












The big butterfly is a stamp by Lost Coast Designs.  I stamped it onto old sheet music and dipped it in wax before colouring it with pastels and adding the wire antenna.


I hope my project has inspired you to enter this colour challenge - it's always great to see everyone's ideas.

x

6 comments:

  1. I love the amazing details on this page! the gold leaf flakes look great! I have to get mine out and try them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this. It all works so well, and love the chicken wire background,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool mix! Love the stamping and stenciling with the feather and bling. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done! Great piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love "The Girls." Beautiful design and the feather is a perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful creation, the pen nib is a fantastic idea.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...