Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 21 August 2011

Love



I did a tutorial over at Gingersnap Creations on making stampboard frames for little treasures and this page was the basis for adding this frame. 

I created a little secret love message for my husband and popped it in a bottle.  I then added a little Vintaj brass tag with the has the word imagine stamped into it.

I created the background paper using alcohol inks and blending solution and I inked some shells onto it using a Crafters Workshop mask.

I inked up some watercolour paper with distress inks and then spritzed it with water and sprinkled rock salt over it.  After the paper dried, I brushed of the salt and was left with lovely watery patterns over my paper.  I used this in the centre of my page.
The tag was inked with distress and then I used molding paste in green, brown and yellow over the shell mask to make my nautilus shells.  The starfish was clear embossed before I inked the paper and then the embossing was removed with a hot iron to leave a flat white image. 


A quick pop to the beach to find mussel shells actually turned up the lovely razor shell (for which I always feel very privileged to be given by the sea) and which was fantastic for this page. 

I am really pleased with this project as sometimes using very dark shades of inks can be a bit scary (!) so this layout did take me a few days to get it to come together.  It's another one for my Isles of Scilly album which is now nearing completion (about time too!!).

If you want to know how to make the frames, use the link above to my tuturial where you can also find an earlier tutorial on how to use masks to create 3D images using molding paste.
Have a crafty day everyone ...  x


1 comment:

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...