Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 6 December 2012

Santa Card



OK ... starting to enjoy this Christmas crafting lark and Christmas card making more specifically!!  It's more of a surprise to me than anyone else.   The only snag is that I've left it rather late in the day either to get necessary supplies or to have the time needed to really get going - oops!!  (Note to self:  start earlier next year!!)  Big thankyou at this point to David and Brenda at Craft Obsessions for hunting out my order at short notice and nearly crashing their website in the process!! Thanks guys!! 

So onto this little card.  I covered my card with a lovely script paper which I overstamped with some flourishes by Dusty Attic.  I used some vintage music paper which I stained with Festive Berries and Gathered Twigs distress stain which I then flicked with water to give it texture.  I then embossed a more complicated flourish design over this with Gold Sparkly (Cosmic Shimmer) which is hard to capture with the camera.

The image was down loaded, edges distressed, curled and inked with a little more Gathered Twigs (what a great brown it is!)

The poinsettia is a mini Tim Holtz Alterations die cut from vintage paper and inked with deadazzles for the centre.  The leaves are cut from Glassine paper which was scrunched and inked with alcohol inks.

Anyway, can't stop ... got another card to make!! xx


5 comments:

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...