Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Saturday 15 December 2012

My Girl



This is my first DT piece as a new member of the Anything But a Card team.  I am so excited to have been asked to join the talented group of DT gals and love that there is such a wide range of projects created for each challenge.  Scrapbooking, altered art, canvases, bags, boxes  ... the list goes on and on! Why not take 5 minutes to check out the fantastic projects that have been made and see how inspirational they are!

So, I am continuing my scrapbooking journey of creating a blended style.  I chose to have a play with a box of gorgeous oil pastels I purchased some time back but hadn't really got to grips with.  They are so soft and creamy to work with that I can't believe I have had them languishing on a shelf for so long!

I used them to create my heart and blended them out with a sponge dabber before sealing them with Judikins micro glaze.

I cut the lacy edge with a Martha Stewart punch and mounted my photo onto that before blending it into the page with molding paste and vintage book pages.  Once dry, I spritzed it all over with Shimmerz Sea Foam and Chalkboard Peacock.    I used some liquid acrylic (Golden) to add finishing blends to the pasted area.

White acrylic painted through sequin waste added the textured dots and I stamped the hollyhocks (Donna Downey stamp) with black Archival. 


I stamped and cut out the dragonfly was stamped and colouring his body with Stewart Gill Byzantia paint which has the most gorgeous sheen.  I used a silver ice stickle for the wings.

The final touch was to tint some of the flowers to match the colour scheme and stamp my title.

I hope you are all finding time to complete all your crafty projects at this busy time of year.  I'm enjoying everyone's blogs and seeing all their gorgeous creations.  I'm nearly done now for 2012 as we about to leave for Christmas and New Year in the sunshine!  I hope to still pop by everyone's blogs whilst I sit with a pina colada (lol!) but I may not be able to leave feedback to please bear with me!!

Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year and a big thank you to everyone who leaves me such kind and thoughtful feedback.  It means so much and inspires me to keep moving forward in my creative endeavours! xx

 



3 comments:

  1. The background is so dreamy and rich! Beautiful scrapbook page! Funny how we have supplies and put off using them!! Very pretty young lady as well! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa- this page is gorgeous!!! Loving the heart and the dragonfly- and how you made that picture of that beautiful young lady just blend right into the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new DT spot! What a gorgeous page! I just got those big DD stamps and can't wait to play with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...