Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 6 September 2012

Beach Painting



Well ... if you live a tourist area and the sun is shining you may as well join in the fun and be a tourist yourself!!

So the other day I caught the open top bus which goes from the end of my road to Swanage, a small seaside town on the Purbecks.  The route goes through Sandbanks and onto the chain ferry to cross the mouth of the harbour.  I sat on the top listening to my ipod and ducking the occasional stray branch and it was glorious.

I chose a spot up on a small grassy hill overlooking the busy beach, ate my picnic and played with my watercolour crayons all afternoon - what a treat.  My aim was to try and capture the colours and textures of the beach and the sea and then incorporate them into my layouts.  Not sure how I am going to move this idea forward but it you dont start to play ...

I was not successful in all my efforts but it was such fun and something I want to try to do more of - nature always picks the best combinations so that's got to be good starting point for art.

Keep experimenting and have a good weekend ... xx





2 comments:

  1. I sometimes believe the only unsuccessful events are those not tried! You will put these to great use!! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's one of the best things I've heard in a long time! The worry of failure can stop you experimenting so your message has encouraged me to keep on trying - thank you!

      Delete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...