Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Ye Ha!



This is my submission for the GC103 Scene Stamping Challenge at Gingersnap Creations. The theme for May is the Wild West which certainly got me thinking as my stash is a little lacking in cactuses and wagons!

Knowing this theme was coming up, I tasked my kids to find me some material on the Wild West in the old book shops in Cornwall!  After some rather unsuccessful time, we enlised the help of the bookshop owner and he found me an old magazine called Wagon Road North which had loads of great black and white photos - perfect!

I started my piece by creating a simple two colour background with acrylics.  I stamped some small circles in the same colour as the sky.  I used acrylics to stamp the buildings which are from the "Dwelling" clear stamp collection by Claudine Hellmuth.  These stamps come in two parts - a background foam stamp (which I used) and an overlay clear stamp to add detail.

I cut some of the signs from the old photos to turn my buildings into shops and stamped the title above using Prima No.6 stamps by Christina Renee. 

The horse and wagon was cut from an old photograph in the magazine and coloured lightly with pastels.  I created a shadow underneath the wagon with acrylics and pastels and adhered it with 3D tape.  Somethings else was needed and the embossed silver stars were the final touch - Voila!! (or should I say Ye Ha!) LOL

4 comments:

  1. OMG...I love your scene stamping. The wagon train and the graphic background are brillant!
    take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fabulous is this!!!!!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scene is fabulous especially the background and the dwellings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...