Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 17 March 2013

Mother's Day



I saw this wire-work idea and was really keen to try it myself.   I am fascinated with birds' nests eggs and so the wrapped wire conjured up a nest in my mind which had to have some lovely eggs perched on it!!

I hadn't got any wire in my stash of the gauge I would really have liked so I had to make do with this thinner one which worked fine which was very easy to work (and hence very easy to mis-shape!!).

I painted my background on watercolour paper using acrylic paints and then acrylic inks and spritzed water.  I stitched my heart to the background with embroidery silk.

The eggs were tinted with alcohol ink onto which I glued the small wording printed from my computer.

The title was stamped with Lost Coast Designs alphabet in Staz-on Timber Brown and then distressed with Vintage Photo and Peacock Feathers.

I like this wire idea so there may be more to come ...

I'm entering this into the first challenge at the new site Country View Crafts blog - Challenge 1 - Pick 'n' Mix 


Enjoy your week ... xx



14 comments:

  1. Hi Alexa, thanks so much for visiting me on my blog, that gave me the chance to pop over and find your sweet wire heart nest. What a cute idea! I love wire art and am curious to see what you will show next. Have a nice week! Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Alexa. Pretty colours, great alphabet stamps and the wirework is fabulous. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Alexa, this is a gorgeous wire structure you have crafted. The overall colouring is really calm and soothing. Fabulous work. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am loving that wire heart. Fabulous job on the nest and the eggs are so realistic looking! Gorgeous piece for Mother's Day! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That wire heart/nest is WONDERFUL!! I have a thing for bird's eggs, too. :))
    Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing, Alexa, so original,

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that's so lovely, Alexa! I love the wirework, and the coppery wire is great with the turquoise eggs. Gorgeous shading on the lettering too...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. My, this is absolutely adorable, Alexa!

    Love the wire work and the eggs so much!!! Beautiful colours with the letters too!

    Hugs,

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning work Alexa, love the ideas and the creativity you have bringing it all together. Thanks for sharing it with us at Country View Challenges.
    x0x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh gosh! This is lovely! I would LOVE to have recieved this on Mother's Day! Huge congrats on a fabulous project. Thank you so much for joining in with the inaugural Country View Challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks supercool Alexa, what a fab wiring creation, so pretty! Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, take care, Ira xox
    irascreacorner.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous Alexa, I love these colours and what a fab alphabet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Alexa, love the composition!

    ....and also thank you for your compliments!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...