Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 28 November 2012

Pumpkin Carving


For those of you who regularly visit my blog this page will be a bit 'deja vue' and you are right, this is second time lucky for my pumpkin carving page!  


I've been working on creating blended layouts recently where my photos fall into the background so the page becomes like one big canvas rather than having elements layers onto the page.  It's quite a tricky and time consuming process but I love the end result.  However, in trying to do the same with these photos, I realised it is almost impossible with multiple photos with very different colour schemes.


So to cut a long story short, whilst I thought the end result was not the best I've achieved, I thought it did work ok.  However, the photograph exposed all it's weaknesses and when I asked my family for their honest feedback ... well it wasn't exactly great!!  So, I've dismantled it, binned it and removed the post (my mother always told me to leave my disasters in the kitchen so I'm metaphorically doing the same with that page!)

This layout is more along the traditional lines but it does work better on this occasion - I hopeIt's not so much fun scrapping the same photos twice and I'm ready to move along, so I'm off to see how my next blended creation is going to turn out!

Hope you are all having a creative week ... x



5 comments:

  1. Your background is fabulous Alexa, wonderful colours, textures and images to complement your great photos. Have you tried embedding your photos into the background as you make it using paints and texture paints?
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alexa, I am so impressed with this.
    There is a lovely warmth emitting from the page but also a wee sense of menace!
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely Halloween LO, Alexa!

    Gorgeous textures and colours! And all those awesome details! Awesome!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page design! Love all the Halloween elements, so perfectly arranged! This is just so cool! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...