Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 12 March 2012

Poppy Card

It was my good friend Sue's birthday this weekend and so I made her this card.  I had hoped to get time last week to make it so it would arrive in time for her birthday but that plan went a little pear-shaped so it's going to make a late entry!! 


I used Poppy Meadow stamp set by IndigoBlu to create my meadow border and lovely poppies.   I stamped everything in Ranger Archival ink and them painted my flowers with watercolours.  I used Caran D'Ache Neocolor III wax pastels which give a fantastically vibrant colour, particularly if you dip them into water and colour directly onto your design.

The butterfly is from a stamp set by Lost Coast Designs.  I coloured it with pencils and used a red stickle on the wingtips before 3D mounting it using silicone glue.

The sentiment is by Tim Holtz.

I like the simplicity of this card - and I adore IndigoBlu's stamps, particularly the silhouette borders.
Have a great week. x

10 comments:

  1. Beautifully done- love the sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely card, the butterfly is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card - I'm sure your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty and the sentiment just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, I love Poppies :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the placement of everything and especially your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. really great card - lovin that butterfly - looks like ready to fly away! thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place (-:
    hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! The color scheme is great for this card.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...