Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 21 July 2011

Timeless Seas


I'm taking part in a postcard exchange which is going to run for the next 14 months.  This is my first card and is on it's way to Jeanie in the US (hope you like it Jeanie!).

Whoever is the recipient for the month gets to choose the theme or they can leave it as a free choice.  Jeanie has left it to each of us to decide and seeing all the cards that have been made and the variety is fantastic. 

I decided to indulge my passion for fish and clocks and do a sea theme using some new stamps by Chapel Road. They are beautiful as they look like real fish fossilized into stone and stamp beautifully.

I embossed the single fish onto the background and then inked all over it.  I stamped and cut out one fish and covered him with black UTEE and pale green crystals. I stamped the tag with the clock and then put all the elements together and added a couple of small shells which I hope will survive the mail!

These postcard sized pieces of art are really fun to create so I think I'm going to enjoy being part of this exchange.  :)

1 comment:

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...