Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 27 April 2011

Look East


This page is for the Red & Gold Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

I wanted the gold to be really bold and so I used gold leaf and beadazzles around the edge of page.  I embossed the backing paper for the photograph with gold bamboo images.



The cherry blossom was created using a stencil by Crafters Workshop. 

The lanterns were folded from very thin gold paper which I splodged with alcohol inks.  They are hanging on gold crystal chains from the cherry blossom.

I used some oriental newspaper to back the photos which I had printed onto a transparency and for my embossed 'E'. 

If you would like to know more about how to create this kind of texture on a page, I will be posting a tutorial on Gingersnap Creations blog - why not hop by and take a peek!!

6 comments:

  1. This is a true work of art. All your details including, the gold leafing, tiny beads and folded gold lanterns are magnificent. I just had to tell you!take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looooove all the texture in this piece! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All that texture is absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is so much more to this than I first thought very inspiring :)
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too pretty! Love the raised stencil (yup, recognized that from your fab tutorial)and the totally fun laterns! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely piece! I love the cherry blossom and the gold edging is just stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...