Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 28 February 2011

Play the Game



For this layout, I used glimmer sprays and distress inks to colour the backing paper which I had crumpled up to give it that shabby tattered look.  I stamped clocks and script to add to the effect.  I used sequin film and distress ink to make the honeycomb pattern and mounted my two bees on 3D tape to hover on it.

The clock was a die-cut from my stash which I masked and inked before adding the clock hands.  
I made the fold out tag from cream cardstock and used distress inks and stamps to embellish it before adding the journalling and photographs.  I'm not usually a fan of hidden journalling elements but the story behind the photo was quite long and couldn't easily be told in a flat layout.

I wanted to secure my tag with the fasteners that are found on internal envelopes in large companies but despite much googling, they have eluded me.  If anyone knows where you can get these - please do let me know ;)  Instead, I have used Ideology Hitch Fasteners.   

The title was stamped with dotty letters to reflect the honeycomb and the remainder of the title was stamped onto cotton tape and distressed.  I used staples to grunge them up before fixing them to my layout.

Hope you like the end result.

1 comment:

  1. Love the depth you created Alexa. And the folded journalling works well folded like that.
    Great bees ;0)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...