Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 28 February 2011

Love



I took these photos of two of my sons and they absolutely capture the relationship between them.  I knew that I wanted to create a page based on them and as there were several good shots in the series, I hit upon the idea of the oversized filmstrip.

However, when I created the strip, it just didn’t work and so my idea had not translated onto the page.  I fiddled with it for ages before I decided that what was lacking was the little square punched holes in the sides that filmstrip has.  However, I don’t possess a small square punch so it was back to the drawing board.

I left the filmstrip and created the metal ‘Love’ embellishment using Ten Second Studio tools and plates.  Once this was done, the layout started to take shape. 

My original idea had been to leave part of the filmstrip blank as if it were a piece of a length of filmstrip but as this didn’t look right, I extended it to go across the whole page and put pictures in all the apertures.

I inked the edge of paper with distress ink and used a rub-on to capture the mood of the pictures.

A funky arrow and a line of journalling completed the page - Phew!

This layout has far less steps than many I do but it has taken me ages to complete as I got stuck in how to transfer my idea to the paper.  Just goes to show that you should always persevere!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...