Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Sunday 27 February 2011

Witching Hour



We carved such a great pumpkin this year that I made it my mission to do some halloween layouts to keep a record of it.  It was the last pumpkin for sale in a garden we passed in the Isle of Wight and it was MASSIVE.  It looked awesome when it was finished, especially when it was lit in the dark.

I used Tim Holtz alterations die to create the sign (which hangs on chain so it moves).  I used metallic rub ons to make it more metal-like.  The sign has cobweb under the lettering.  The bats were also from a Tim Holtz die.

I used picnik software online to change my picture and make it more scary and also add cobwebs to it which are quite subtle.

I added the tied tags at the bottom which are embellished with a glittery spider and diamond glaze to highlight the pumpkin.  They are held together with string wound around two enamel brads.

The journalling is hidden inside the acetate pocket which has a time wording and theme to match with the clocks I stamped on the background.

The layout was finished with ribbon and a small skull and crossbones charm. 

I am really pleased with my first halloween layout.  So much so, I did another one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...