Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Wednesday 22 May 2013

WOYWW 207


Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's Wednesday already and time for WOYWW 207!!

I was very lucky to have been offered a job at the beginning of the year with an Interior Design Company.  This week we are busy getting a show home ready which great and I am learning so much.  We had ordered loads of styling pieces but the client had purchased a glass dome and we needed something to go in it.  I couldn't resist and volunteered straight away!

 
Yesterday I went to the florist's wholesalers to see what I could find.  I had already got an idea and needed driftwood but I found that they don't stock that and there's no time for an online order.  

Slight panic set in as the kids needed collecting from school and I needed a new idea fast!


I had a quick look around and grabbed a few possible options before dashing off into the school run traffic (always a good space to develop ideas as there's nothing else to think about!)








I decided to use an orchid stem and so needed to secure it to stand upright.  I used oasis which I needed to hide so firstly I covered it in a lovely brown web-like ribbon I had found.   I had also bought a beaded wire collar (designed to be used to make a posy) so I cut it apart and re-invented it to make cover my oasis.


The butterflies are stamped on old dictionary paper and the wire was sandwiched between then so they have dimension.  I curled the wires using my Fiskars Curly Thing (technical term - LOL!) and arranged them in amongst my orchid stem.


 Finished.

I'm really pleased with it but this morning is the moment of truth.  My boss gets here in 1/2 hour so we can head off to the house and finalise everything and so I have to hope she likes my creation ...



Have a great day everyone and happy snooping around everyone's desks.  I'll be doing my fair share when I get home later on today!!

xx






25 comments:

  1. Well Alexa, if she doesn't like your creation, there's a list of WOYWWers to prove her wrong! It's gorgeous. Now you see, if you have to work for a living, you sure have a job that most of us would like, so fun and hey, despite the actual work and the stress caused by needing tobe very last minute creative, it's seems very glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous creation!
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a lovely job with the dome & butterflies. Happy woyww Jill #37

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterflies. Hope it goes well with the client :)
    Tracy #76

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic creation! And how lovely to have a job where you get paid to play! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Alexa
    oh my goodness what a beautiful project it is stunning how could your boss not love it. I can not believe what you have made with such little time and rushing to see to the kids at the same time. You have talent thank you for sharing
    Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
    Ria #74

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH Alexa!! This is just STUNNING, if she doesn't like it you could fetch a great price for it for sure.
    Krisha #50

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one incredible project and so elegant! Your boss will more than love this, so no worries! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is fabulous! How could she not like it? She will probably be stunned by your amazing bit of creativity! If not, there's something wrong with her, lol. Its awesome, truly. have a great week, hugs Shaz #125 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is totally stunning. If she doesn't like it, please send it to me. Happy crafting #3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's beautiful and would love it in my home. Hope your boss thought so too. Happy WOYWW. Pam#20

    ReplyDelete
  12. Perfectly wonderful! Deborah #141

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your domed display is awesome and I would doubt your boss would have anything negative to say about it...I would bet she'll love it and you will be volunteered for more makes. I didn't make it around to many blogs last week so I promised myself that I would visit everyone who visited me last week first this week. I hope you have a great week and thanks for sharing. Vickie #26

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I think it's gorgeous... do hope that your boss loved it too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful creation, how clever you are! Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@145

    ReplyDelete
  16. Putting my hands up to get that if your boss doesnt like it lol
    Bridget #11

    ReplyDelete
  17. Think you may generate a few orders for those glass domes. What a fabulous creation.
    Hugs, Neet xx 2 (thanks for visiting me earlier - so glad you did and I saw this dome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the dome!!! Great work and hope your boss liked it!!

    Ailsa #140

    ReplyDelete
  19. That really is pretty and love the idea of stamping on an old dictionary paper she'll love it :) hugs Nikki #9

    ReplyDelete
  20. If she doesn't like it she's a crazy fool! I love that you are a perfect example of what we can achieve when push comes to shove and panic sets in! It's really beautiful.

    Happy belated WOYWW,
    Cheers, Rachel #65

    ReplyDelete
  21. was hoping for an update on the completed dome, I think it looks awesome! Hope you boss likes it as much. The voting ends today so it's now or never. PLEASE go vote for me ( the camera )if you haven't already....yes, I am begging, lol http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/
    waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( #19 )

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for visiting my blog and the kind words, too! Never too late - there's no way I can visit each blog in the weekly WOYWW let alone in one day! I love the butterfly dome - very creative. I searched around a bit (may have to look further) to see how you made the butterflies....gotta give that a go myself.

    Joel, aka Barf Snoodlefart

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have huge respect for anyone who can arrange any flowers to look good, and your orchids dome is stunning. My flower arranging belongs to the school of chop the ends of and shove them into the first vase they got. That skill totally eludes me. I hope your boss and the client appreciated your talent. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW I would proudly display this gorgeous ART. You are very clever, I bet the client loved it too
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! A cool job & a great creation :-) lucky you!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...