Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Monday 28 February 2011

Postcard from Paradise



This is probably my favourite layout at the moment.  I always love everything connected to the sea and the beach and so I had the ultimate fun creating a layout to do justice to the fabulous photograph.

You may have guessed from looking at some of my other layouts, that this picture was taken in the Isles of Scilly.  I wanted a really beachy feel to the layout so I started by creating my own background paper using glimmer mists, colour wash and acrylic paint.




 I built up the corner of the page with Golden Coarse Pumice Gel.  It took several layers before I achieved the result I wanted and I inlaid some small stones and shells in the last layer.










I stamped the grasses in two colours to represent the grasses in the dunes.

The fence was cut using the ‘On the Fence’ alterations die.  I cut it from a piece of Heidi Swap invisibles paper which I then inked using distress inks in beach shades.

I matted the photograph onto a Chocolate core paper which I lightly sanded to distress it and expose the yellow core.

I printed the seagulls onto acetate and set them in the corner of the page.  The postcard and title letters were stamped onto another sheet of handmade paper created in the same way as my 12 x 12 paper.  I mounted the title letters on 3D tape so they are almost floating on the page.  The stamp was from the Tattered Angels beach stamps set which I inked with distress ink.  I attached a cornish metal starfish charm to finish this area of the layout.

I found some beach clipart online and downloaded it and re-sized it to a tiny size so that I could print it onto the back of a piece of Idealogy Film Strip which I then attached to the page using glossy accents.

The last part was the journalling, which I wrote by hand along the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...