Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Lost Gardens of Heligan



On the way down to St Ives, I met with my good friend Sue in St Agnes to drop into the one and only scrapbook shop that exists in Cornwall (sorry Linda - we did pop in!!)

Anyway, I bought this paper which is actually black and white and which reminded me of the blooms in this photo.  I had intended to use the paper 'bare' as it were, with just black and white additions but as you can see, this didn't really end up happening and I actually prefer it now!

I started by creating a black and white panel consisting of torn music tissue, lace, old music sheets and book pages and old sewing pattern tissue which I stamped with a large alium stamp.  I bonded all of this together using bondaweb and a hot iron on greaseproof paper.

I painted the edge of a couple of small doilies with Byzantia paint in Cerisanctum pink and then stuck them and the black and white panel across the centre of my page. 

Using leftoever strips of bondaweb, I adhered the rainbow voile to my page and using silver and violet stickles, I highlighted some of the areas on the top of the layout.


The textured panel was created using  a texture stamp (lisa pavelka) and light molding paste (Golden).  As these take 3 days to fully dry, Linda (Just Scrapbooking) had very kindly made some panels for us to use.  I painted my panel with Byzantia paint and then sewed some seed beads onto the edge.  The gorgeous metal embellishment is by Prima from their Vintage Trinkets range.


I used lace and braid down the centre of my page and created my journalling on my lovely old pink Royal typewriter.  The gardener's note is a fact I chanced upon when I was checking whether my bloom was a chive or an alium!  I haven't ever used the flowers although I have got this plant in my garden so next time I make a potato salad, I'm going to put these flowers on top as they will look amazing!

Using the bondaweb to make background panels was a new technique, as was the use of fine gauzy material place over all or some of a layout.  Both are great things to try and are attributed to Linda for teaching them to me - thank you!!

x


1 comment:

  1. Hi Alexa
    The word that popped into my head "Sensational". The colours are vivid but don't distract from that gorgeous photograph - everything works in perfect harmony.
    Wishes
    Lynne
    Thanks for taking the time to visit me :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...