Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Paradise



Having just returned from a fantastic family holiday in Thailand, I've just been lucky enough to hop off down to St Ives in Cornwall for a scrapbooking retreat.  It's just so good to get 2 days of uninterrupted time to really get creative.  

I created this page by colouring some glass bead gel to create my sea into which I drew some wavy lines before adding some glitter, sequins, shells and fish. 


Once this was dry I added the fabric section using bond-a-web sheets.  The scrunchy flowers were made from the same material which I hot glued into a loose shape before heating carefully with the glue gun to melt them slightly.  

My title was stamped with Staz-on ink onto Canvas and then spritzed with adirondack colour wash in butterscotch and stream.

I added a couple more small embellishments, a little background interest with white acrylic paint and finished the layout by inking the corner with distress ink.

Complete! x

3 comments:

  1. I just love your style, Alexa. So many gorgeous details on these layouts... wish I could sift through your albums for awhile and take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful layout, love the textures you added, the photo looks awesome. Thank you for joining us at TioT's this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. An amazing page. Loving all the details and texture. Fabulous! thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday and have a great day. Angela

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...