Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Friday 25 March 2011

Worker Bee



This card is for the Gingersnap Creations GC93:  Chestnut Challenge - Get To Work.

I watch all the wildlife in my garden as I work and bees are always at work too so they seemed a good starting point.  As I began this  project, the sun was shining and my window was open and a big fat bumblebee buzzed in on his travels so it sealed my idea.

I stamped the background with a honeycomb pattern and inked the edge with distress ink.  The flowers were stamped with VersaMagic chalk inks to give a really soft finish.  The bees are Stampotique  and the large bee is 3D mounted for depth. I painted the wings with rock candy and a little bit of sparkle.

I fixed the title into a metal plate and stamped the works in amongst the blooms.  The task for the bees is the make honey, unfortunately, for most of us, it's to make money!!

1 comment:

  1. what a beautiful piece. Love how the bee pops of the background. Love the subtle colors too.
    gerri

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...