Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Thursday 1 December 2011

Every Life ...


I made this card for my brother's birthday.  Cards for men are always a challenge and my brother is no exception.  He's quite an 'off the wall' kind of character so I wanted something querky.  I found the image of the flying man and set about putting him into a context.

The line of cottages and tree are new stamps by Butterfly Kisses which I had in mind to make snowy shaker Christmas cards with.  However, they were also great for building this scene ...

I cut clouds from masking sheets and they brayered the background.  I stamped my cottages and coloured them in before fixing then to my card.  The tree and sentiment (Stampotique) were stamped directly onto the background.

I printed my flying man onto acetate and cut it to fit around the rooftops before sticking it down with a little glossy accents.  Voila! My man has taken to the skies for some peace and quiet!!

Hope it brings a smile to your face and also my brother's!

x

4 comments:

  1. Love this - and quirky it definitely is!! Great work and I'm sure he'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card - just the sort of quiet place I need too, lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! I think it's hard to place flying objects in proportion but you have done a fabulous job with yours. Love the colored houses, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...