Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Friday 9 December 2011

Birthday Wishes Box

It's my Dad's birthday and there's absolutely nothing he wants!  We've exhausted all the clothing options, hobby supplies and theatre breaks so I decided that I would invest my time in creating his gift as my way to give him something special.

I have made him two batches of fudge - one chocolate and the other rum and raisin.  I bought an oval box from a local home store and although it was very nice, having a vintage photo of the Eiffel Tower, it has had a makeover!  

My Dad restores vintage cars as one of his hobbies and so that was my theme.

I painted the box with craft paint and then used stencils and Dylusions Sprays to create patterns and backgrounds (should have worn gloves and I now a couple of blue fingers!). 

I used images from the Dover 'Old-Time Transportation' CD to collage the box using Mod Podge.

I added the lace and spotty ribbon and used my Birthday Wishes stamp on the ribbon which came with the box.

I made a key fob with an old watch face and a circular tag from my stash (sourced from a garment I purchased).







All that remains is to fill the box with the fudge and send it to him.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is soo cool! Love those vintage images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty box- what an awesome gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! Love your stamping. I'm sure he'll love it too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...