Disclaimer

"Some of the products used on my blog may have been provided by the vendors mentioned in my posts."

Tuesday 4 December 2012

Christmas Bird



I've had to succumb to making some Christmas cards so this is the first one Hot off the Press!!  I bought the mini cardinal die some weeks ago as he was SO cute but when I saw his big brother, perched on this twig ... well it was a must have item!

I covered my card in vintage music paper which I inked with vintage photo and peeled paint and I stamped the holly with gathered twigs.  The bird is cut from chocolate co-ordinations paper so I sanded him down to reveal his red core and dry brushed some red acylic paint to brighten him up.  The spruce foliage was painted with acrylic paint and a little glitter added.  I used polar white flower soft for my snow.

The pointsettia was cut from vintage book pages, inked with festive berries and painted with Rock Candy distress.  The centre is beadazzles,  The holly leaves and spruce foliage is cut from Kraft Glassine which I inked with alcohol inks. 

I used tissue tape to create the ruffle and some pearls and gems to finish it off.

I'm going to enter this card into the following challenges:  Fashionable Stamping 'To Die For', Gingerloft 'Leaves' and Totally Gorjuss 'Anything Goes ... with Glitter'.

Starting to feel a bit festive ... hope your Christmas plans are coming along too ... x


14 comments:

  1. Alexa
    Such fabulous use of the die cut and all the perfect festive touches and I love the use of the sheet music (always a favourite of mine) for the background.
    Thank you for joining us at FSC this fortnight.
    Wishes
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty- I love the cardinal on the branch-and the holly leaves. Loving the musical BG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An absolutely lovely card, Alexa! Very festive and full of Xmas feel!

    Hugs,
    Claudia x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Christmas card! Love all the great details and the layout. Well done.

    Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Gingerloft.
    Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

    Mian
    Gingerloft Design Team Member
    http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and Festive.
    hugs Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alexa
    I am glad you have succumbed to making Christmas Cards, if they are going to be as beautiful as this one then I want to see some more.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this card, Alexa - would like to know how you colored the cardinal - what is the black detailing (newsprint?) Everything looks marvelous - so much texture and very pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card. Love the die cut and the music background. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a beautiful card with great details. Thanks for joining us at FSC this fortnight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Love the gems/jewels along the bottom and the sweet stamping on the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A fabulous card Alexa, I love the bird, wonderfully distressed. Thanks for linking to FSC this week.
    I am coming home today, back to the cold and wet ugh, but looking forward to getting ready for Christmas. Bet your kids are getting excited.
    Hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE it!
    ... thanks for joining us in the challenge on FSC this time!
    xxx Ellie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very festive Christmas card! Love that birdie and all the distressing! Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments and value each and every one ... so let me know what you think ...